I think the keys to getting anything done around here are:
- do it early
- either involve F or get someone else to hang out with her
We’re having some family over this evening for dinner, and dinner and dessert were pretty much ready to go by lunchtime.
- BBQ Beef Brisket in a slow cooker
- corn bread (recipe on the corn meal bag)
- salad (organic, from a box)
- frozen green beans
- butterscotch pudding
- J and I threw the BBQ in the slow cooker this morning (even better would’ve been to mix up the dry rub and the sauce last night) and it’ll be done cooking by 4:15.
- F and I mixed up the corn bread’s dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet ingredients in another. When it’s almost dinner time, we’ll mix them up in the bigger bowl, toss them in the pan, and toss that in the oven.
- The frozen veggies and fresh salad were purchased pretty much ready.
- And F and I made the pudding right after the corn bread was prepped. It’s setting in the fridge right now.
I’ve already mostly cleaned up the kitchen, too. It’s a good feeling!